Grass peas and salsiccia soup (traditional recipe)
Recipe for 4 people
- 200 g of grass peas ( wash them first, then leave them to s oak for 8/12 hours)
- 200 g of fresh salsiccia (broken into pieces)
- EVO olive oil
- 100 g of peeled tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- Half a glass of white wine
- Salt and pepper as much as you like
- Crumbled parsley and chives
- 4 slices of toasted bread
Cook the green peas in plentiful with a little bit of salt with laurel leaves. In the meantime, warm up a pot in order to cook salsiccia and blend with wine, add crumbled onion and gradually, put Evo olive oil, peeled tomatoes and grass peas in a bit of cooking water.
Cook for about 30 minutes. Serve with parsley, chives and Evo olive oil. Accompany with toasted bread..